Employees who broaden their ERP knowledge are highly valuable to your organization. They recognize the capabilities of software and relate it to better ways of getting their jobs done.
Again, this is achieved through training which should be considered a worthwhile investment.
GWB Incumbent Worker Training Grant
For Rhode Island companies, the GWB Incumbent Worker Training Grant offers matching grants to businesses to enhance the skills of current employees; higher skills increase both the competitiveness of your business and the value of your workers. The grants can fund accounting, distribution, manufacturing, sales, warehouse management, and other ERP training and skills development to improve your business and boost employee morale.
If you’re interested in a new ERP system that requires an outside consultant for training, GWB grants defray the costs; the grants can also defray the costs of improving an underutilized existing ERP system, perhaps one for which users are undertrained. And, since the Job Development Fund subsidizes these grants, you’re essentially tapping into funds you’ve been required to contribute to as a Rhode Island-based business. (We work in other states as well, and similar programs are common.)
GWB Grant Program Details
- Up to $45,000 in matching funds during a 12-month period
- Proposal submission any time. If qualified, funds are awarded within 30 days.
- Up to two Incumbent Worker Training Grants in a 12-month period (not to exceed $45,000 or 12 months of funding)
- Easy online proposal submission
- Tax credit of 50% of actual training expenses for new/current employees (up to $5,000 per employee over 3 years)
GWB Grant Program Requirements
- Training programs must be pre-approved by the Human Resource Investment Council
- Employees must work at least 30 hours/week at the time of the training
- Employees must make 150% of Rhode Island’s minimum wage at completion and be retained for 18 months post training for the business to qualify
Would a grant help your business implement a proper ERP training program to improve employee skills and reduce turnover? For years, Acuity has helped clients develop training programs to improve their ERP skills using the grants.
Contact the experts at Acuity today to get started!