Every year, new technologies and ERP improvements pop up. These offer solutions to problems both new and old. While new bells and whistles may be attractive, that shouldn’t necessitate a rush to implement. Afterall, the best solutions are only relevant, if they are relevant to you and your requirements. So focus on what your business specifically needs, then consider an upgrade, an add on or a new ERP.
Some Questions to Answer When Considering New Software
- What areas of your business have data that is unclear or hard to sift through?
- Does my company take advantage of existing best practices?
- Where are there redundancies in the processes that your business follows?
- What KPIs are we tracking? How are we performing against them?
- Do we understand the extent of an ERP project, not just an ERP purchase?
- What have we done in the past that has worked well/ hasn’t worked well?
- What ERP solutions have proven successful?
Understanding your own business in terms of the current technological landscape is important to find consistencies and good fits for new technology and ERP solutions within your business. Start by asking yourself the questions above and do a deep dive analysis of the problems that seem to surface over and over again.
Then ask yourself What New Technology & Data Is Available?
Technology advances at a rapid pace. But not every company needs the newest and the best of every software package. Working with an ERP consultant who is continually exposed to new technologies and solutions is a great way to find out what’s new, and what applies to your business. Experienced and knowledgeable ERP consultants will provide your team with the right software or solutions to suit your needs. They’ll help you avoid costly mistakes when chasing after “innovative” technologies that don’t apply or won’t help your business. They’ll also set expectations in getting you from a demo to a buying decision to an effectively implemented solution. They’ll know what it takes!
Whether you’re looking for a system upgrade, opportunities provided through new software, or a specific type of data-interoperability to speed up information exchange, an ERP solutions consultant from Acuity Consulting Group can help. For more information about ERP solutions call: 401-243-8480.